- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth, about 32 ounces
- 2 15 ounce cans pumpkin puree
- 1¾ cup coconut milk, or a 13.5 ounce can, reserving 1 tablespoon
- 1 large red chili pepper, sliced
- cilantro for garnish if desired
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the curry paste for about one minute or until paste becomes fragrant. Add the broth and the pumpkin and stir.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until soup starts to bubble. Add the coconut milk and cook until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of the reserved coconut milk and sliced red chilis. Garnish with cilantro leaves if desired.