Honey Sesame Sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Chicken Lunch Bowls
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 3 cups snap peas, cut into small pieces
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- salt & pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- sesame seeds (garnish)
- Shake together all honey sesame sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Divide between 4 storage containers.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add broccoli and snap peas. Cook for 5 or so minutes, until bright green and tender. Add to the rice in the storage containers.
- Add additional olive oil if necessary. Add the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Cook for 7 or so minutes, until cooked through.
- Add the sauce to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Add the chicken to the lunch containers and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat to serve.