- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 8 ounces pack bihon noodles, vermicelli noodles or rice noodles
- 1 1/2 cups mixed veggies such as carrots, cabbage and green beans, scallions (green onions)chopped bite size
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges optional
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
In a wok or a large pan over medium heat, add oil and chicken and cook until tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cooked chicken and season with a little salt and pepper.
Stir in the veggies and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until a little tender.
Add all the ingredients for the pancit sauce and bring to a boil.
Add rice noodles and stir until all the noodles are coated with the sauce. Keep on stirring and cooking until the noodles are tender (3-4 minutes).
Add more stock (or water) if the dish is dry before the noodles are tender.
Season with salt and pepper and more soy sauce if necessary. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.